Wednesday, October 3, 2012

On Hiatus

I've been waffling about this for a while, and after seeing my last post was August, I decided time for indecision was over.  I need to take a break from my yoga blog. 

I'm at a place in my life right now where I'm looking inward. Perhaps it is in part the season of Fall, where we start to bring the harvest in, fill the pantries and hay lofts, and prepare for Winter.  I've been practicing yoga for about 10 years now and I'm seeing an internal shift, a withdrawing. I've been contemplating what I actually think about yogic philosophy as it relates to a physical yogic practice.  Can I keep the two mutually exclusive yet remain true to the yogic form?  My initial thought is yes, definitely.  But I need to think on this and let it gel in myself. 

Because really, the yogic philosophy isn't for everyone.  Just like, say, Catholicism, isn't for everyone.  We need to find our own path. And I'm finding I have more affinity with the Buddhist philosophy these days than I do the Hindu/Yogic system. 

I'll still be around. Blog will still be up for reference. Posts will be very sporadic and probably on form and technique as they relate to a flow class, which is something I have an interest in. 

I will leave you this, from The Book of Ecclesiastes (3:1, King James Version), addition by Seeger.  
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace [I swear it's not to late].


Namaste


2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

I'm going to miss this space and your posts, but I do think that you need to take the time for you.

I agree 100%, the yogic philosophy (as I've read so far) just doesn't resonate with me... Which makes it more difficult to really connect or relate with those that are diving in wholeheartedly.

Kristin said...

Thanks Ecoyogini.

I'll still be around, blog will still be here. I'm just stepping back from posting as I figure out this current fork in the road.

Perhaps the yogic philosophy is more difficult to comprehend this side of the Ocean because we didn't grow up in the Indian culture? We are not steeped in the richness of the society that it originates in - and thus, even translations fall short because we don't have that backbone of tradition to fall back on?

Just some of my idle thoughts on the topic....