Monday, June 20, 2011

I apologize for being a yoga teacher...

...because I am flawed.  And therefore, shouldn't teach yoga.

Perhaps I said something that didn't sit right with you.

Perhaps I didn't say Hello when you walked in.

Perhaps I suggested an adjustment that didn't work.

Perhaps I played some music that you didn't like.

Perhaps I did a sequence that was too hard/too easy one day or not what you wanted.

Perhaps I was the substitute instructor.  

Perhaps I quoted a poem during savasana.

Perhaps I opened with a chant.

Perhaps I read a passage from the Bhagavad Gita and you are a devout Christian.

Perhaps I quoted a biblical saying and you are an Atheist.

Perhaps I have a physical disability and therefore cannot demonstrate every posture perfectly.

Perhaps I have an emotional disability, which you can't see, but you wonder about anyway.

Because obviously I'm not fit to teach yoga....


You judge me on all these things.  Forgive me.

If you are a perfect instructor, please let me know, and I will humbly step aside and take my place in the rows of students to sit before you.


2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

hmmm- i sense this may have been in response to my post on Friday? (maybe not- I may also just be super sensitive)

a nice reminder, and if this is in response- i agree that the comments to the post were much too harsh.

Thank you for reminding me to take a deep breath. :)

shinyyoga said...

hehe ;) Love this x