Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In Graditude; Thank You; Namaste

If the only prayer you ever say is Thank You, that will suffice. (Meister Eckart)

Unspoken gratitude does no one any good. (Church sign)



I’ve been pondering what I wanted to talk about for my final post for 2010. Class structure perhaps? Class dynamics? Pontificate on how my year has been (which I did over on my other blog). But the answer came to me after my Karma Ashtanga Session last night – to simply say thank you.

The studio I attend and lead classes at takes two weeks off three times a year. Usually my Monday night class ends up being off for three weeks because there is a holiday in there somewhere that typically lands on a Monday. This break I made the suggestion to do a Karma class: I would donate my time and class would be a flat rate – no punch cards or season passes. Monies raised would go to a local food shelf.


It was a delightful success for our studio! The students seemed pleased to have the opportunity to practice over break, the studio was pleased, and I was thankful and grateful at the support. I don’t know how much we raised, it wasn’t a HUGE amount, but it was enough that it will make a small difference.


Isn’t that what it’s about? Making small changes for the better that eventually add up? I like to believe it is.


And so, here at the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011, I’d like to say Thank You! To everyone who has taken the time to read and comment on my humble blog, to say Namaste to those of you who come to my classes and join together in community, and to express my gratitude to the universe as a whole. I look forward to seeing what 2011 will bring.





Om

Shanti

Namaste



Picture from Free Yoga Pictures





1 comment:

yogiclarebear.com said...

Peace! Thank YOU for your writing here, sharing, inspiring, giving. All the best for 2011...God bless.