Friday, October 3, 2008

Kudo's to Hugger Mugger

A while back I did a post on the lack of male models in yoga advertising. This generated some interesting comments from others in the yoga community (online and in my classes) about how it is not just a lack of male representation, but also of other ethnicity's, ages and body shapes.

Can you imagine my delight and surprise when I opened my mailbox (well, I had to wait till I got in the house because it was dark outside) and there was the most recent issue of Hugger Mugger with this cover:



Now this is what I like to see! In case you don't receive their catalog, on the inside, they had a little blurb about each person from the cover - how long they have been doing yoga, why they started, where they are from, where they work and what inspires them.

I can relate to this group of people. I work. I do yoga. I enjoy the benefits I've gotten from doing yoga. I don't wear the most fashionable outfits (I live in MN, it's winter 9 months out of the year especially by this big Lake. Boots, down jackets, hats and mittens are spoken here.)

Has anyone else seen any other company, magazine or advertising showing everyday folks promoting yoga lately? Maybe we could generate a Kudo's list...

No comments: